The funds have not arrived and not sure of how much is available for the 100,000s of stranded visa holders. Assistance will include food, medicine, and crisis accommodation costs. Visa holders may be eligible for Red Cross Safety Net support if they: are in Australia on a temporary visa are in urgent financial hardship cannot access Centrelink, Medicare or similar services have no income, savings or other financial support (including from family overseas).
Eligible visa holders are requested to contact the Red Cross by email in the first instance so that can be advised when the funds and arrangements are in place.
Here is some important information about this funding:
- These funds are for people on temporary visas who have no way to support themselves and who have urgent needs. This includes food, medicine and crisis accommodation costs.
- We have not yet received these funds but hope to increase our existing Emergency Relief and Safety Net program in the coming weeks.
- Because of COVID-19, we will not distribute funds from our offices, but we will provide assistance by phone and email during business hours.
We will work as quickly as possible with the Department of Social Services to finalise the details of the funding and expand assistance to people who are experiencing significant vulnerability.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for Red Cross Safety Net support if you:
- are in Australia on a temporary visa
- are in urgent financial hardship
- cannot access Centrelink, Medicare or similar services
- have no income, savings or other financial support (including from family overseas).
Please know that we provide assistance based on need. We have to prioritise people withurgent needs, such as families with young children, people with a disability, people who are experiencing harm, people who are vulnerable to COVID-19, and people with physical or mental health issues.
For more information and How to apply, please visit this page. September 28, 2020